Home » Student-Athletes of the Month » Paige Cahill-Lacrosse

Paige Cahill-Lacrosse

Paige Cahill
Major: Child Studies and Elementary Education

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because of the excellence it offered in both academics and
athletics. I also selected Vanderbilt because it is close to home and the Education Department in Peabody College is one of the best in the country.

I hope to get my Master’s degree in Education during my 5th year. Then I hope to go on to teach in American schools  across the world for the first few years after college. I would love to return home afterwards, and teach 4th grade at any school that needs me.

It takes hard work and dedication. It also is important to get to know your professors as well as get to know yourself as a student. For me, I had to figure out how I studied best and what techniques worked best for me. Everyone is different, but it is all about discovering how you learn best, especially in such a demanding academic environment.

I just give 100% to what is on my schedule when it is on there. If it is practice or lift, I am focused on lacrosse alone. Then if I have school work and I have a break in between, I am completely focused on my school work. It helps that the academic center is right in McGugin because I can go straight from practice to study hall and get my work done.

I normally go through the readings and my notes one more time and make a huge (color coordinated) study guide. Then I make sure I know the study guide backwards and forwards. Then moments before the test, I usually just try to go through my study guide one more time!

If your dreams don’t scare you…they aren’t big enough!” -Anonymous

Important Dates

Dec. 4: Classes End
Dec. 5-13: Reading Days/Exams
Dec 14-Jan 4: Winter Break
Jan 5: Classes Begin

Student Athletes of the Month: