Skip to main content



The Office of Parking Services is committed to supporting Vanderbilt University’s mission by creating a helpful and welcoming environment through the delivery of excellent service.  We provide guidance and assistance to the campus community on all parking related needs in a timely and efficient manner, provide well maintained parking facilities ensuring equitable parking for all our guests.  Our top priority is to provide customer-oriented parking options and exemplary service to students, faculty, staff and visitors to Vanderbilt University.

Why Must I Register my Vehicle?                                           

111 28th Av S

In the interest of the security of Vanderbilt students, faculty, and staff, and to manage limited parking resources effectively, the University requires that all vehicles operated on campus by members of the University community be registered with VUPS Parking Services. Registration is required for automobiles, sport utility vehicles (SUVs), trucks, vans, golf carts, mopeds, and motorcycles, etc. Bicycles should be registered with the VUPD. The registration policy applies to all students, whether they reside off campus, in a University residence hall, or in a fraternity or sorority house; to all faculty members; to all staff members; to vendors doing business on University premises; and to construction workers. In short, the policy applies to anyone who is here for anything other than a single, short-term visit, or for special events for which parking has been prearranged through VUPS Parking Services.

What do I need to register my vehicle online?:

  1. You will be asked to enter your VUNET ID and password.
  2. State and license plate numbers for vehicles that you are registering, as well as make, model, year, and color of your vehicle(s).
  3. Payment information (student account, credit/debit card, payroll deduction, or a one-time payroll deduction).

 Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions


  • NOTE: In general, registrants may register only their own vehicles, and students may register their parents' vehicles.