Postdoctoral Researcher Position - Computational Biology/Bioinformatics
We are pioneering innovative genomics approaches to explore the role of the human microbiome in health and disease. This role involves working with diverse multi-omic datasets, integrating and interpreting data, and predicting outcomes.
• Analyze metagenomic and metatranscriptomic datasets from clinical samples to decipher the structure and functionality of the human microbiome.
• Develop and apply advanced computational techniques for data analysis.
• Foster independent research pursuits and collaborate with various scientists within and outside the laboratory.
• Publish findings in esteemed scientific or technical journals.
• Present research data at various seminars, technical meetings, and conferences.
• Undertake additional responsibilities as required.
• A Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology, or Microbiology.
• Proven experience in developing bioinformatics workflows, particularly for microbial genomics and metagenomics analysis.
• Proficiency in designing and applying novel analytical techniques for multi-omic data integration.
• Extensive experience in programming languages such as Bash, Python, and R.
• In-depth knowledge of scientific data analysis, statistical analysis, data management technologies, and data visualization.
• Experience in enhancing software infrastructure for multi-omics, including automating pipelines on High-Performance Computing (HPC) systems.
• A track record of independent research, evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively work in a team environment.
• Experience with metagenomic data analysis and familiarity with microbiome analytical tools, including those for shotgun and targeted metagenomic data analysis.
• Knowledge of bioinformatics tools for sequence pre-processing, alignment, and identification of genomic features or functions.
• Broad experience in genomics data analysis, data management, and high-performance computing clusters.
• Expertise in multi-omics, molecular simulations, or statistical modeling of molecular biology experimental data.
• A publication record demonstrating research expertise in computational biology.
Must have a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology, or Microbiology — some experience developing bioinformatics workflows, particularly for genomics data analysis. Please submit all application materials to Dr. Rajagopala at email@example.com