Postdoc Training at Vanderbilt
Vanderbilt University is an internationally recognized private research university in Nashville, Tennessee. It offers undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and sciences, engineering, music, education and human development, as well as a full range of graduate and professional degrees. Faculty, students, and staff work closely together to examine challenging questions across a wide range of disciplines. As a result, postdocs at Vanderbilt have the opportunity to further enhance their skills and prepare for future careers while working with leading scholars in the biological and physical sciences, engineering, the humanities, law and business, and the social sciences.
- 6,886 undergraduate students
- 6,245 graduate and professional students across 10 schools and colleges
- 4,358 total full-time faculty
- 1,466 VU-employed full-time faculty
- 2,892 VUMC-employed full-time faculty
- 506 Postdoctoral Scholars
- 4,044 full-time staff
- Research expenditures exceeding $249 million annually
Vanderbilt University ranked 15th in 2020 Best Colleges in U.S. News and World Report.
Profile of our Postdoc Community by School and Classification