Postdoc Training at Vanderbilt
For Health and Wellness Protocols for Vanderbilt University, visit the Health and Safety Protocols website.
For information for Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) postdocs, visit the VUMC – Employee Covid-19 Vaccination Information website.
Vanderbilt University is an internationally recognized private research university in Nashville, Tennessee. It offers undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and sciences, engineering, music, education and human development, as well as a full range of graduate and professional degrees. Faculty, students, postdocs, and staff work closely together to examine challenging questions across a wide range of disciplines. As a result, postdocs at Vanderbilt have the opportunity to further enhance their skills and prepare for future careers while working with leading scholars in the biological and physical sciences, engineering, the humanities, law and business, and the social sciences.
- 7.057 undergraduate students
- 6,554 graduate and professional students across 10 schools and colleges
- 4,358 total full-time faculty
- 1,466 VU-employed full-time faculty
- 2,892 VUMC-employed full-time faculty
- 450+ Postdoctoral Scholars
- 4,044 full-time staff
- Research expenditures exceeding $249 million annually
Vanderbilt University ranked 14th in 2022 Best Colleges in U.S. News and World Report.
Profile of our Postdoc Community by School and Classification