Monkeypox: What happens if I am tested for monkeypox?
You will need to quarantine from others until you get the results. Individuals who live off campus should quarantine in their residences.
Campus residents should contact Housing at email@example.com for more information on quarantine housing if they have symptoms and are awaiting test results.
The CDC provides a variety of tips and prevention practices. These include, but are not limited to:
- While symptomatic with a fever or any respiratory symptoms, remain isolated in the home and away from others unless it is necessary to see a healthcare provider or for an emergency.
- This includes avoiding close or physical contact with people or animals.
- Cover the lesions, wear a well-fitting mask, and avoid public transportation when leaving the home as required for medical care or an emergency.
- While a rash persists in the absence of a fever or respiratory symptoms, cover all parts of the rash with clothing, gloves and/or bandages.
- Wear a well-fitting mask to prevent the wearer from spreading respiratory secretions while interacting with others.