Training is an important part of the export compliance program. Knowing when to ask questions and when to enlist help is the best way to prevent inadvertent violations.
In Person Training
VEC offers quick info sessions and comprehensive training that can be customized to your needs. Educate yourself and your group.
Quick Info Session (approximately 10 minutes)
Gain general awareness about export controls and how it affects Vanderbilt University. This is a high-level introduction.
(approximately 1 hour)
Develop a more comprehensive understanding of export controls. This is a more in depth overview including red flags in your daily activities and specific examples. This training can be general or topic oriented, depending on the types of activities that are most important to you.
Topics may include:
- Fundamental Research Exclusion (FRE)
- Sponsored Research and Troublesome Clauses
- Visas & Deemed Exports
- International Travel and Hand-carried Items
- Introduction to Export Compliance
- Export Compliance When Using Technology in Research (ID:16804)
- Export Compliance and Distance Learning (ID: 16811)
- Export Compliance for Researchers: Part I (ID: 16801)
- Export Compliance for Researchers: Part II (ID: 16802)
- Export Compliance for Research Administrators (ID: 16803)
- Export Compliance and Biosafety (ID: 16805)
- Export Compliance for Operational Departments (ID: 16806)
- Export Compliance for International Shipping (ID: 16807)
- Export Compliance and Puchasing (ID: 16808)
- Export Compliance and International and Foreign Waters (ID: 16809)
If you already have an account with CITI Program, log in and add an export compliance course. If you do not have an account you will need to register.
VEC Training Resources
|Vanderbilt University Policy on Export Compliance||Link|
|VEC Export Compliance Manual||Link|
|Export Controls Decision Tree||Link|
|Basic Export Compliance Flyer||Link|
|Foreign Shipments Flyer||Link|
|International Travel Flyer||Link|
Other Training Resources