Please note –
As the end of the semester approaches, considerations related to construction activity will be made for final exams, move-out and Commencement. More information about details, maps and plans will be made available in advance.
Up-to-date information can be found at the West End Neighborhood page including links to live updates, photos and more.
Students will have the opportunity next month to meet with university officials about construction updates, move-out and living in the neighborhood next academic year. Stay tuned for dates and times.
Noise mitigation efforts remain a priority. Construction activity remains scheduled for 8 a.m. start time with no jackhammering until 9 a.m. Ear plugs remain available in the tower lobbies.
Construction & Mobility Updates
- Beautification efforts in the West End Neighborhood continue. This includes work along West Side Row, alleyways and Kensington. Construction on house sites 1, 2 and 3 also continue.
- Early morning concrete pours will continue through March. Students residing in the Towers and Greek houses will continue to receive emails from Housing in advance of the pours.
- Fences have been placed around the construction sites noted above.
- To accommodate construction underway, Parking Services continues to make five floors of the 25th Avenue Garage available to F permit holders. A VandyVans stop was installed at this location and will continue to support increased student traffic in the area.
- VandyVans stops in the West End neighborhood are located at Branscomb and lot in front of Carmichael Towers East. Slight adjustments may be made to routes taken during construction, but schedules will not be impacted. Be sure to download the DoubleMap app and select Vanderbilt. This allows riders to track the progress of shuttles in real time.
- Additional short-term and long-term mobility solutions for the area, and rest of campus, will be addressed through MoveVU. Updates on MoveVU will be provided later this year.
- For parking questions, please contact VUPS Parking Services at (615) 322-2554.
West End Neighborhood, March 2019
RCA, March 2019
- Construction continues at the RC-A site, as well as house sites 1, 2 and 3. Fences were erected prior to students returning to campus from winter break. Please visit the live update website for visuals of where fences are located.
- Intersection at 24th Avenue and Vanderbilt Place re-opened mid-February upon completion of utility and infrastructure work in the area.
- Work along West Side Row began.
- Early morning concrete pours will continue through March. Noise will be mitigated as much as possible during these times.
- Communications will be issued regarding expectations for construction around major events including final exams, move out, Commencement, etc.
- Spring semester classes end on April 22. Examination and reading days begin on April 23.
- Senior Class Day is May 9. Commencement is May 10.
- Preparation for demolition of Towers 3 and 4 to begin after Commencement. Demolition to begin summer of 2019 and continue through fall of 2019. More specifics on how demolition will occur will be added to the website as those are determined.
- New NPHC and Zeta Tau Alpha houses to be complete.
- Primary utility work through West End neighborhood to be complete.
- Delta Kappa Epsilon house cleared.
- Kensington beautification efforts to be complete in late September.
- New commons/lawn beautification efforts to be complete in later October.
- Community event space, Lambda Chi Alpha, Delta Kappa Epsilon and Kappa Sigma houses to be complete late December, and open for students in January.
- July 2020: Complete Residential College A (RC-A).
- July 2022: Complete Residential College B (RC-B).
- July 2023: Complete Residential College C (RC-C).
RCA Aerial Photos, Feb. 2019
Vanderbilt University | FutureVU West End Neighborhood | 421 Kirkland Hall
Subscribe to this newsletter | Opt-out of this newsletter
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University®, V Oak Leaf Design®, Star V Design® and Anchor Down® are trademarks of The Vanderbilt University. ©2023 Vanderbilt University. All rights reserved.