Dear Vanderbilt community & friends:
Progress continues in the West End neighborhood as beautification efforts ramp up to ultimately deliver a park-like setting that is inclusive, accessible and supportive of the Academic Strategic Plan and FutureVU. Community members will get their first taste of this new setting when the West End Green opens this fall.
We invite you to tour the neighborhood through our fly-through video.
Construction has continued on Residential College A and demolition of houses at sites 1, 2 and 3 was completed to begin work on new houses for NPHC, Zeta Tau Alpha, Lambda Chi Alpha, Delta Kappa Epsilon, Kappa Sigma, and a community event space. Temporary backyards for the fraternities and sororities impacted by the RC-A construction have been completed.
We appreciate the community’s ongoing support and feedback during this process.
For more information, please visit the West End Neighborhood webpage.
The West End Neighborhood Team
Construction & Mobility Updates
- Utility and infrastructure work at the intersection of Vanderbilt Place and 24th Avenue will be completed in mid-February and the intersection will re-open.
- Beautification work has begun on the West End Green. This work is scheduled to run through the fall. Work to include efforts on Kensington Avenue. The next phase of work will also include improvements along West Side Row.
- Construction continues at house sites 1, 2 and 3. Fences have been installed around the house construction sites. Fence locations will change throughout the project as work focuses on different areas, and will be updated regularly on the live website.
- A VandyVans stop was installed at the 25th Avenue Garage location and will continue to support increased student traffic in the area.
- The VandyVans stops in the West End Neighborhood will be located at Branscomb and the lot in front of Carmichael Towers East. There may be slight adjustments in the routes taken due to construction, but schedules will not be impacted.
- Be sure to download the DoubleMap app and select Vanderbilt. This allows riders to track the progress of shuttles in real time.
- Additional short-term and long-term mobility solutions for the area are being addressed through the MoveVU process, which involves the broader campus community.
- As a reminder, Greek parking lots are closed permanently due to construction efforts. Kensington Ave. closed to traffic and parking permanently to prepare for beautification efforts.
- The intersection of 24th Avenue and Vanderbilt Place will re-open in mid-February.
- Parking Services will continue to make five floors of the 25th Ave. garage available to ‘F’ permit holders.
- For parking questions, contact VUPS Parking Services at (615) 322-2554.
- Intersection at 24thAvenue and Vanderbilt Place to re-open mid-February upon completion of utility and infrastructure work in the area.
- Work along West Side Row begins.
- Construction continues at the RC-A site, as well as house sites 1, 2 and 3.
- Concrete pours will continue in February through the spring semester. Noise will be mitigated as much as possible during these times.
RC-A Site as of Jan. 2019
25thAvenue and ATO
West End Ave and 25thAve
West End Avenue
Pedestrian path toward Carmichael
West End Neighborhood
House Site 1: ZTA
House Site 1: NPHC
House Site 2
West End Green
Vanderbilt University | FutureVU West End Neighborhood | 421 Kirkland Hall
Subscribe to this newsletter | Opt-out of this newsletter
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University®, V Oak Leaf Design®, Star V Design® and Anchor Down® are trademarks of The Vanderbilt University. ©2023 Vanderbilt University. All rights reserved.