Now Accepting Fall 2022 Applications
Round 1 deadline | January 15, 2022
The Round 1 deadline is our priority deadline for scholarships.
Round 2 deadline | February 15, 2022
This is the last deadline for Fall 2022.
We encourage candidates with strong academic backgrounds to apply. Students must show evidence of programming skills, which can be demonstrated in multiple ways (coursework either at university or online, professional experience, etc.). Students must have a four-year Bachelor’s Degree (equivalent to a U.S. Bachelors degree) to be eligible to apply.
For students who do not have formal training in quantitative courses (Programming, Calculus, Linear Algebra and/or Statistics), the program will offer boot camps to help prepare students for their classes. While these boot camps are available to all students, selected students may be required to attend in order to boost their skills and help them succeed in our core courses.
Students with strong quantitative backgrounds such as multivariable calculus, linear algebra, computer science, advanced programming techniques, calculus-based probability, calculus-based statistical inference, statistical regression techniques will be well-placed in our rigorous curriculum.
- Unofficial transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency: If English is not your native language please submit one of the following:
- TOEFL scores
- IELTS scores
- Duolingo test with sub-scores
- Evidence that you have a degree from an English-speaking U.S. institution of higher education
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- A Statement of Purpose (3 pages maximum) constructed as follows: One to two pages describing your interest in data science and the field you hope to apply your skills in. One page or less describing your background in, and experience with, programming, computation and data analysis.
- Resume/CV: Please upload a resume and/or CV that highlights your programming skills, professional experience, and academic achievements.
If you have questions about your eligibility or the application requirements, please visit our FAQ page.
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
How to Apply
- Navigate to the application via the button below.
- Login and create an account. Be sure to use an email that you will have long term access to.
- Select Interdisciplinary Programs as the “Area of Study”.
- Select Data Science as your “Program”.