VU named among best colleges for food in America
Originally posted by MyVU.
Culinary website The Daily Meal conducted a study of 2,000 four-year educational institutions to determine the best in campus dining options nationwide and Vanderbilt was named among the top contenders. A broad range of institutions were considered, and of the top 52, Vanderbilt came in at 35.
According to the article, the schools were evaluated in the following areas:
• Healthy Food: Meals that are fresh, made from scratch, and cooked in small batches
• Events: Themed dinners, picnics, cooking classes — anything to engage undergrads
• Local: Programs that support the community with local purchases
• Sustainable: Incorporating eco-friendly practices into the dining program
• Accessibility and Service: How easy it is for students to connect with dining services, and how well they are taken care of
• The X Factor: Something that made judges’ jaws drop
In the article, Vanderbilt Campus Dining was lauded for creative, diverse and internationally inspired menus, as well as infusions of locally grown farm-fresh ingredients.