Internal Funding Programs
Funding Programs for Vanderbilt Faculty
RDS houses multiple internal funding programs for Vanderbilt University faculty: the Rapid-Advancement MicroGrant Program (RAMP); the continuing Seeding Success Program; and the new Scaling Success Program. These programs are available for all full-time, Vanderbilt University (Provost-reporting) faculty. These internal funding programs are designed to support faculty research, scholarship and creative endeavors in all fields across Provost-reporting Vanderbilt schools and colleges from arts and humanities to social sciences and education to STEM, each offering a unique set of resources for faculty to seize new opportunities.
The Scaling Success Program supports faculty as they scale up to more impactful team research and larger awards from federal, foundation, or industry sponsors. Applicants must have documented support or interest from an external sponsor to apply, with concrete plans and a commitment to apply to an external sponsor within 12 months of the initial award. Faculty may propose a course buyout through the Scaling Success Grant with support from their dean. This program reaches across all Provost-reporting schools, departments, and disciplines.
- $5,000 to $60,000 to be used within 12 months of award receipt, with larger amounts considered if the proposal warrants and the program budget allows
- Applications will be reviewed monthly–the next application due date is February 17, 2023.
The Seeding Success Grant is designed to support new works or directions with strong potential for impact or funding from federal, foundation, or industry sponsors. This grant program reaches across all Provost-reporting schools, departments, and disciplines.
- $5,000 to $60,000 per year for up to 2 years, with larger amounts considered if the proposal warrants and program budget allows
- Calls for applications for Seeding Success will be released every fall and spring semester
- Next application due date is February 15, 2023.
RAMP awards are designed for smaller-scale funding opportunities that require a rapid response, allowing faculty to innovate in the moment and to seize strategic and time-sensitive opportunities as they arise. This grant program reaches across all Provost-reporting schools, departments, and disciplines.
- $500 to $5,000 as the budget allows, with smaller requests encouraged
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
- Award funding will be rapidly available, with requests reviewed monthly from July to May (see program page for dates)
For questions or concerns about these programs, please email email@example.com.