Located on the Ingram Commons, West House provides modern features in a classic structure. The building was completely renovated in 1986 and received new finishes and furnishing in the summers of 2005 and 2006. West houses approximately 120 first-year students in traditional double and triple rooms. A resident adviser lives on each floor.
The Faculty Head of House lives in an apartment on the first floor. Also located on the first floor is a large laundry, two seminar rooms, music practice rooms, a study area, and a full-sized kitchen for the House. Student rooms have tiled floors.
West House was built in 1922.
Photos & Room Tour:
- Commodore Card access to building
- Central air-conditioning
- XFINITY On-Campus IPTV Service
- Wireless campus network throughout building
- Common kitchen facility with oven, stove, microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator/freezer
- Carpeted & vinyl corridors
- Custodial service in common area baths and corridors
- Vending machines
- Gas fireplace in lobby
- Loftable bed for each resident
- Desk for each resident
- Desk chair for each resident
- Chest (with lockable drawer) for each resident
- Closet for each resident
- Towel bar for each resident
- Waste can for each room
- Recycling bin for each room
- Window Blinds
- Overhead lighting