Located on the central campus, Tolman offers easy access to dining and classroom facilities. It houses 102 upper division men in single and double rooms. Residents live on the second, third and fourth floors. One Resident Adviser lives on each floor. A faculty member and his spouse currently live in an apartment on the second floor.
Constructed shortly after World War II and recently completely renovated, Tolman Hall is a modified collegiate gothic residence hall facing Alumni Lawn.
Tolman Hall is named after Dr. Herbert C. Tolman, Classics scholar and Dean of the College of Arts and Science. Dr. Tolman was also the founder of the Vanderbilt chapter of Phi Beta Kappa.
- Commodore Card access to building
- Central air conditioning
- Xfinity On-Campus IPTV Service
- Wireless connection to campus network
- Formal Lounge
- Seminar Room
- Television Lounge
- Common kitchen facility with oven, stove, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator
- Carpeted corridors
- Custodial service in common areas, bathrooms, and corridors
- Music Practice Room
- Loftable bed for each resident
- Desk for each resident
- Desk chair for each resident
- Chest (with lockable drawer) for each resident
- Closet for each resident
- Waste can for each room
- Recycle bin for each room
- Overhead lighting
- Window blinds
- Towel bar for each resident