Automatic Online Payments
Automatic Online Payments are the Default Method of Payment for VU Employees
Online payments through Brightwheel are the Required Method of Payment of tuition for Acorn Families.
Once enrolled in our program, you will receive an invitation to Brightwheel, our billing and enrollment software, to sign up for automatic payments. Payments can be made by ACH or credit card.
The following are payment processing fees.
Please note: If you choose to pay by credit/debit, processing fees charged by the credit companies will apply.
- ACH: VCFC will absorb the cost of the flat fee of $0.50 per transaction
- Credit/Debit: 2.7% payment processing fee
Tuition Adjustment Application (Application will be provided upon request)
Income-based discounts (please note a family can only use one of the following programs, not both):
- Vanderbilt Tuition Assistance Scholarship Program
- Effective July 1, 2020 The Acorn School implemented an Opportunity Vanderbilt-inspired tuition adjustment program to support full time Vanderbilt employees' and students access to affordable, high quality child care. Scholarships in the amount of a 50% tuition adjustment will be available for families with an adjusted gross income at or below $49,999 annually; and in the amount of a 20% tuition adjustment for families with an adjusted gross income between $50,000 and $74,999, and 7% for families with an adjusted gross income between $75,000 and $99,999. If approved, please be advised that federal tax requires that we report these discounts as a taxable benefit. The application should be returned as soon as possible and must be received by the 15th of the month in order for the approved discount to be applied to the next month.
- The Child Care Certificate Program is a state program that assists Families First participants, parents transitioning off Families First, parents working or enrolled in post-secondary education programs, teen parents, and children in foster care. It’s also called the subsidized child care program. To participate in the program, families must be declared eligible by the Department of Human Services (TDHS) staff or by the Department of Children’s Services (DCS) staff for children in foster care.
TDHS provides financial assistance with child care costs for families meeting income guideline criteria through several child care assistance programs. For more information go to the Tennessee Department of Human Services website.