Chancellor’s Heart and Soul Staff Awards
Chancellor’s “Heart and Soul” Staff Appreciation Awards Program
A world-class teaching and research institution is comprised of many individuals whose mutual collaboration and individual day-to-day contributions are the foundation for the University’s achievements and legacy. In an effort to recognize members of the campus community who make Vanderbilt’s success a reality, the Office of the Chancellor created the “Heart and Soul” Staff Appreciation Awards. These awards are designed to personally acknowledge university staff for their outstanding individual work, as well as any specific activities or actions that demonstrate the spirit and mission that distinguish the Vanderbilt community.
The Chancellor’s Heart and Soul Award celebrates the selfless dedication that so many staff members have for the institution and the entire campus community. Their work at Vanderbilt is valuable, but it is their other contributions that make our University the special place that it is. Given annually by the Chancellor of Vanderbilt, these recognitions carry with them a $1,500 cash prize and an engraved piece of wooden artwork, hand-crafted by artist Brenda Stein.
The nomination window for 2019-20 Chancellor’s Heart and Soul Staff Appreciation Awards closed on July 31, 2019.
2018-19 Chancellor’s Heart and Soul Staff Award winners
- Maureen Casey, Chief Administrative Officer, Mass Spectrometry Research Center
- Linda Forceno, Associate Institutional Research Analyst, Vanderbilt Institutional Research Group
- Maxine Maruszewski, Housekeeping, Division of Administration
- Cheryl Bates, Associate Director for Operations in Owen Executive Education, Owen Graduate School of Management
- Olivia Hill, Assistant Manager in Facilities, Division of Administration
- Sandra Bell, Human Resources Technician, Army ROTC
- Janet Roberts, Facilities Manager, Peabody College
2017-18 Chancellor’s Heart and Soul Staff Award winners
- Marty Wright, Manager of Law Enforcement Systems, VU Public Safety
- Carol Wiley, Grant Manager, Department of Biological Sciences
- Maxine Ebanks, Head Retail Market Clerk, Campus Dining
- Joey Knight, Electrician Journeyman, Facilities
- Jeff Bratton, Power Distribution Specialist, Facilities
- James “Tristan” Keen, Mailroom, Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries