Skip to Content

Global Support Services

Global Support Services > International Tax > Resident Alien for Tax Purposes

Resident Alien for Tax Purposes

You are a Resident Alien for Tax Purposes (RA-TP) so you will receive a W-2. We do not do tax filings on behalf of employees but there are a number of free or low cost tax assistance preparation sites throughout Nashville and in the Vanderbilt area.


  • The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, an IRS program designed to help low- and moderate-income taxpayers complete their annual tax forms, has many locations throughout Nashville. You can find the VITA office closest to you by going to . Simply put in your zip code and then “VITA” in the “search by keyword box” on the next page.


  • If you have a household income of less than $40,000, you qualify to get your taxes done for free at a VITA site. Trained VITA volunteers will prepare your taxes and e-file them but please note, VITA staff may or may not be experts on international tax issues.


  • In addition, if your adjusted gross income is less than $57,000.00 you can use the IRS free tax software. It’s called Free File and is available on the IRS website at .