It is my great honor to serve as Vanderbilt University’s eighth chancellor. This institution, which I have served as faculty member, provost and vice chancellor for over 25 years, is one of the most dynamic, exhilarating and relevant higher learning institutions in the nation. A key reason for our upward trajectory is our rejection of inertia, our constant search for innovation, and our ability to rapidly and strategically turn hurdles into opportunities.
As a university, we are currently focusing on six priorities that will together enhance undergraduate learning and living, expand our global reach, ask and answer the most important research questions, and enable the university to serve as a beacon in the wise use and conservation of natural resources. I encourage you to read more about each of these initiatives on this website, and look forward to our continued, shared journey forward.
Nicholas S. Zeppos
- December 2, 2013 — Vanderbilt’s Zeppos, Emory’s Wagner urge legislators to work toward federal budget framework, end sequestration
- November 19, 2013 — Chancellor Zeppos to co-chair U.S. Senate task force reviewing higher ed regulations and reporting requirements
- October 22, 2013 — Faculty Senate meeting minutes for September available online
- October 16, 2013 — Letter from Chancellor Zeppos on work surrounding the protection of minors
- October 11, 2013 — Zeppos discusses future of research universities at D.C. conference