It is my great honor to serve as Vanderbilt University’s eighth chancellor. This institution, which I have served as faculty member, provost and vice chancellor for over 25 years, is one of the most dynamic, exhilarating and relevant higher learning institutions in the nation. A key reason for our upward trajectory is our rejection of inertia, our constant search for innovation, and our ability to rapidly and strategically turn hurdles into opportunities.
As a university, we are currently focusing on six priorities that will together enhance undergraduate learning and living, expand our global reach, ask and answer the most important research questions, and enable the university to serve as a beacon in the wise use and conservation of natural resources. I encourage you to read more about each of these initiatives on this website, and look forward to our continued, shared journey forward.
Nicholas S. Zeppos
- May 22, 2013 — Vanderbilt Magazine profiles Chancellor Zeppos: Dore Number One
- May 10, 2013 — Be authentic, Chancellor Zeppos tells Vanderbilt graduates
- April 4, 2013 — Dillehay, Barz and three others win awards at Faculty Assembly
- April 4, 2013 — Chancellor: Four ideas will define Vanderbilt’s destiny
- April 2, 2013 — Congratulations to the Class of 2017