It is my great honor to serve as Vanderbilt University’s eighth chancellor. This institution, which I have served as faculty member, provost and vice chancellor for over 25 years, is one of the most dynamic, exhilarating and relevant higher learning institutions in the nation. A key reason for our upward trajectory is our rejection of inertia, our constant search for innovation, and our ability to rapidly and strategically turn hurdles into opportunities.
As a university, we are currently implementing initiatives from our comprehensive strategic planning process that will set the course for the next decade at Vanderbilt. I encourage you to read more about each of these areas of focus, and look forward to our continued, shared journey forward.
Nicholas S. Zeppos
- September 2, 2015 — Zeppos urges faculty to consider proposed revisions to Faculty Manual by Friday deadline
- August 31, 2015 — TPAC honors Vanderbilt’s commitment to the arts with Applause Award
- August 28, 2015 — Chancellor calls diversity and inclusion most important issue
- August 28, 2015 — Hudson, Emeson top faculty honorees at fall assembly
- August 27, 2015 — Civil rights focus of new John L. Seigenthaler Chair at Vanderbilt