Alternative Transportation and Commuter Choice Programs
With over 23,000 employees and 12,000 students, Vanderbilt University places a significant demand on Nashville’s transportation network, the campus parking system, and the environment. The VU Office of Traffic and Parking and VUMC Parking and Transportation Services work with Vanderbilt’s administration to organize programs aimed at minimizing the environmental implications of campus commuter and visitor trips. Information about each of these programs is provided on the pages below.
For more information on University Central alternative transportation initiatives, please visit the Office of Traffic & Parking’s website.
For more information on Medical Center alternative transportation initiatives, please visit the Parking & Transportation Services website.
- Chancellor’s Town Hall discussing campus, Nashville transportation set for Oct. 28 » 10.21.16
- RTA bus, Music City Star train tickets on sale in new location » 9.22.16
- Vanderbilt awarded 2016 Sustainable Transportation Award » 5.19.16
- Transit officials to hold community meeting on campus April 14 » 4.11.16
- SEMO Celebrates National Walking Day! » 4.7.16
- Take the Vanderbilt Active Transportation Survey » 4.4.16
- Speak up by hitting the pavement for campus safety walk » 3.24.16