With over 8,500 employees and 12,000 students, Vanderbilt University places a significant demand on Nashville’s transportation network, the campus parking system, and the environment. VU Parking Services works with Vanderbilt’s administration to organize programs aimed at minimizing the environmental implications of campus commuter and visitor trips. Information about each of these programs is provided on the pages below.
- Bus and Rail
- Car Sharing and Carpooling
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Occasional Campus Parking
- Student Shuttles and Cabs
- Alternative Transportation Resources
For more information on University Central alternative transportation initiatives, please visit Vanderbilt’s Parking Services website.
- Wellcast: FutureVU and a Healthier You! » 5.18.18
- Dockless bike-sharing pilot continues through summer; preferred pricing available for VU, VUMC » 4.26.18
- Final transit forum discusses May 1 referendum vote » 4.23.18
- Videos from Vanderbilt-sponsored Nashville Transit Plan forums now available online » 4.23.18
- ‘The Nashville Transit Plan: Decision Time’ April 17 » 4.12.18
- Transit panel series continues; third installment features Kopstain, Getz » 3.20.18
- Redesigned sustainability report expands focus to include holistic environmental efforts » 3.15.18