With over 8,500 employees and 12,000 students, Vanderbilt University places a significant demand on Nashville’s transportation network, the campus parking system, and the environment. VU Parking Services works with Vanderbilt’s administration to organize programs aimed at minimizing the environmental implications of campus commuter and visitor trips. Information about each of these programs is provided on the pages below.
- Bus and Rail
- Car Sharing and Carpooling
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Occasional Campus Parking
- Student Shuttles and Cabs
- Alternative Transportation Resources
For more information on University Central alternative transportation initiatives, please visit Vanderbilt’s Parking Services website.
- Public Safety announces improvements to Vandy Vans services » 1.3.18
- Holiday Greening Tips » 12.8.17
- Battery-switching device promises more road time for Tesla, Leaf drivers » 11.28.17
- Zeppos engages campus community about FutureVU core values, next steps » 10.19.17
- Chancellor’s Town Hall focusing on campus accessibility, transportation and mobility, and sustainability set for Oct. 17 » 10.9.17
- Vanderbilt’s PARK(ing) Day entry recognized by Nashville Civic Design Center » 10.2.17
- Vote for Vanderbilt’s Park(ing) Day Park! » 9.22.17