Home » Trans@VU
The purpose of the collection of resources listed within this section of our website is to provide information for transgender, trans, gender-variant, non-binary, agender, other non-cisgender people and allies at Vanderbilt University.
trans@VU gathers information and resources related to gender identity and gender expression for the Vanderbilt campus community.
Explore this site to learn more about:
- Trans experiences at Vanderbilt: finding support, locating all gender restrooms, name changes, and much more.
- Being a trans ally: suggested readings and resources, trainings, language/vocabulary, and more.
- Vanderbilt Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy
- Getting Involved on Campus
- How to Navigate Name Changes
- Housing for Students
- Student Recreation
- Trans health and medical services on campus
- Support & Community
The staff at the Office of LGBTQI Life is available to advise and assist the Vanderbilt campus community members as necessary with any gender identity related challenges and experiences on campus. We invite you to get in touch with us via e-mail, phone, or stopping by the K.C. Potter Center, to share questions, suggestions, and/or concerns.
Missing Anything? Please contact Chris Purcell (pronouns: he/him/his) at firstname.lastname@example.org if there is any information missing, outdated, or you would like to see added to this page! We would also love to begin including student, staff, and faculty personal experiences to the page. Email Chris Purcell if you would be interested in sharing your story! Parts of Trans @ VU are adapted from Vanderbilt University Divinity School FAQ’s for Trans Students