Below are a few updates and reminders regarding your stay at Hayes Street Hotel.
- At this time, you should plan to continue staying at the Hayes Street Hotel. The decision to permit students back into their space is guided by data from the company performing the remediation. We are showing progress and, based on current information, we are hopeful that you will be able to move back into your Gillette room by the end of this week. A representative from OHARE will reach out to you directly with specific instructions once your room is ready.
- You may return to your room to get needed items.
- The shuttle will run on a continuous loop stopping at the Hayes Street Hotel, Gillette Circle on the Commons, and Kirkland Circle on main campus until 9 p.m. tonight. If you need transportation after 9 p.m., please call 615-322-2745 to arrange free transportation to and from the Hayes Street Hotel and campus.
- An additional $25 has been added to your Commodore Cash to be used to order dinner on Grubhub tonight.
- Students are responsible for any extra purchases at the hotel beyond the room itself (i.e. water bottles, food purchases, parking, etc.).
- If your laptop was subject to water damage during the incident on September 14 and you need temporary access to a laptop, please email the Office of the Dean of Students (email@example.com) and we can coordinate with the Jean & Alexander Heard Libraries for you to checkout a laptop. If you coordinate through the Office of the Dean of Students, we will prioritize your checkout request and can arrange for you to checkout a laptop for longer than the standard 3-day loan period.
As always, your RA is still available to support you. The RA on duty is available from 5 p.m. – 8 a.m. at (615) 566-4747. Additionally, all campus services are available to you, including those through the Office of Student Care Coordination.
We will share more information with you as it is available. As always, thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University®, V Oak Leaf Design®, Star V Design® and Anchor Down® are trademarks of The Vanderbilt University. ©2023 Vanderbilt University. All rights reserved.