Welcome to SkyVU in Review – features, announcements, tips & tricks and other updates for Vanderbilt’s Oracle Cloud system and related processes.
Oracle Cloud Updates
Vanderbilt directory link opens the Oracle Cloud directory
The Vanderbilt directory URL (vu.edu/directory) was recently updated to redirect users to the online Directory module in Oracle Cloud, where you can search for any faculty, staff or enrolled student.
Launching in January: Oracle Recruiting and Onboarding
We are excited to launch Oracle Recruiting and Onboarding upon the return from the holiday break!
Please note that HCM Specialist and hiring manager access to Oracle Recruiting will become available in the afternoon of Monday, Jan. 4, after the HR Recruiting completes their initial transition activities. The PSO team will reach out to the HCM Specialist group when access is live and you can begin to create hiring requisitions in Oracle.
The following online training is now available in Oracle Learning:
In Focus: Reminders for the end of the Semester
Please note the following reminders in preparation for holiday break – a video reviewing these and other semester-end reminders is available here.
Payroll and time cards
- Biweekly employees and managers are strongly encouraged to submit and/or approve all time cards prior to departing for break (unless working over the holidays);
- Eligible employees must report Holiday time in order to receive pay during winter break through New Year’s Day (i.e., Dec. 22 – Jan. 1); and
- The approval deadline for the Dec. 13-26 biweekly period is 9 AM on Monday, Dec. 28.
Purchasing and Payment Services
- Shipping holds go into effect on Tuesday, Dec. 23 for all locations not on the exceptions list;
- Regular deliveries resume on Monday, Jan. 4;
- Procurement requesters should review their worklists to ensure all invoices are approved prior to departure; and
- One card charges should be expensed to ensure they do not age over 30 days.
- Oracle continues to be available throughout the holiday break, and transaction workflows will follow the same escalation and expiration timelines.
- Users should work with their approvers regarding any transactions that will require submission and approval during the holiday break.
2020 User Group Meetings
Thanks to everyone who participated in the 2020 User Group series!
Please stay tuned for information regarding the 2021 series that will be announced in January 2021.
Finance and HCM Users
Recordings of the combined 2020 Approver, FUM and HCM Specialist user group meetings are available in the Oracle Cloud Continuing Education: Financials and Core HR course in Oracle Learning.
Recordings and materials for these meetings are available in the Oracle Learning catalog.