Welcome to the final 2019 edition of SkyVU in Review – we wish everyone a wonderful holiday!
Remember to elect or update your W-2 electronic delivery preference
All active employees are reminded to review and update their W-2 delivery preference in Oracle Cloud before January 3, 2020.
Not sure where to start? Search “W-2” in the GUIDE ME tab to view step-by-step guidance.
Submit and Approve Biweekly Time Cards
December 1-14 Biweekly Period
The final biweekly payday in 2019 will be Friday, Dec. 20, for the 12/1-14 biweekly period. Time cards for this period must be approved before noon on Monday, 12/16.
December 15-28 Biweekly Period
Employees who are eligible to receive paid administrative leave (Mon 12/23), and/or holiday pay during the break (Tue 12/23 through Wed 1/1) must report this time* as applicable in order to receive pay.
Please note that the biweekly time card submission and approval deadlines remain in place over the winter holidays.
- Biweekly employees and student workers: Submit time cards for the 12/15-28 biweekly period prior to departing for Winter Break unless you will be working during the break.
- Line Managers: Manager approvals for the 12/15-28 biweekly period are due before noon on Monday, 12/30. Managers are strongly encouraged to approve time cards before departing wherever it is possible to do so.
*The process for entering these time types is consistent with other holidays – click here to review the previous demonstration for recording holiday and paid administrative time.
Purchases and Payments
The last business day before the break will be Friday, December 20, 2019, and the first day back will be Thursday, January 2, 2020.
- Requisitions: The window to submit and receive purchase shipments in advance of the holiday closure and related shipping hold is closing – Purchase Requesters should discuss any remaining needs immediately with your Financial Unit Manager or Business Unit/Entity Approver;
- Shipping holds: Deliveries for all locations not on the exception list will be held starting Saturday, 12/21 and resume on Thursday, 1/2.
- Invoices: Please review your worklists and take action to approve or reject, as appropriate, any remaining invoices to ensure timely payment; and
- One Cards: Outstanding One Card charges should be expensed prior to departing for break to ensure that the charges do not age over 30 days during the holiday break.
Travel & Expense Policy Updates
Finance has clarified a number of points in the Travel and Expense Policy, and a new version will be available effective January 1, 2020. [read more]
Upcoming User Group Meetings
- Thu 12/19, 1:00-2:30 PM: HCM Specialists (Furman 114)
The schedule and location(s) for the 2020 User Group Series will be published the week of January 6, 2020.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: All user group continuing education series recordings are moving to Oracle Learning.
Available recordings of prior meetings will continue to be available via our GoToWebinar SkyVU User Group channel through the end of calendar 2019. Upon selecting a webinar, you should register using your Vanderbilt email address on the right side of the registration window.