Skip to main content

Alexander C. Taylor

Chief Executive Officer of Cox Enterprises
Atlanta, GA

Alexander C. Taylor, elected as a Trustee in 2015, received a bachelor's degree in science with a focus on human and organizational development from Vanderbilt in 1997.

Alex Taylor is the President and CEO of Cox Enterprises, a private, family-owned company based in Atlanta, Georgia with more than $20 billion in annual revenues and 60,000 employees worldwide. He oversees the company’s three subsidiaries, Cox Communications, Cox Automotive and Cox Media Group, as well as its long-term growth and investment plans. He serves on Cox Enterprises’ board of directors and is the great-grandson of James M. Cox, who founded the company in 1898.

Taylor previously served as COO and executive vice president of strategic investments at Cox Enterprises, where he had oversight of diversification funds in a wide-range of businesses, including energy, technology and health care. He led the creation of Techstars Atlanta, an incubator funded by Cox with the goal of creating and keeping start-ups in the metropolitan Atlanta region.

During his 18-year career at Cox, Taylor has held numerous positions within the company. He was senior vice president of field operations for Cox Communications, the company’s broadband and cable division.  As executive vice president of Cox Media Group, he oversaw its largest television, radio, newspaper and digital properties, and led the creation of the company’s first cross-platform newsroom. Taylor began his career as a reporter for the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel in Colorado.

Taylor is the former board chair of American Rivers and is a board member of the Food Well Alliance and PATH Foundation. An avid outdoorsman and conservationist, he is the author of “The Longest Cast: The Fly-Fishing Journey of a Lifetime.” He donated the royalties from the book to the preservation of challenged fishing sanctuaries.

Alex and his wife Greer have two young children and reside in Atlanta.


View Board Member Directory »