Strategic Plan Town Hall Meetings – Open to all Faculty, Staff and Students
April 6, 4-5 pm, Student Life Center, Board of Trust Room
April 7, 12-1 pm, Mayborn 204
April 16, 4-5 pm, Light Hall 208
Vanderbilt University aspires to shape the future of higher education and to foster the creation of knowledge that together improve the human condition.
Vanderbilt embraces this vision by focusing on the following goals:
- to pursue excellence in education by offering experiences that merge the advantages of a liberal arts college with those of a world-class research university
- to pursue excellence in scholarship, creative expression, and research that address important problems and questions facing our community, our country, and the world
- to leverage the many synergies between discovery, learning, and service across our entire community of scholars and learners to seek accomplishment and seize opportunities
- to be transparent and accountable to all the University's constituencies
- in sum, to be among the very best research universities in the world
In pursuing these goals, Vanderbilt will fully commit to cultivating an environment for learning across a broad base of humanist, social, and natural science disciplines. We also commit to investing in creative expression and fundamental research. Further, we commit to ensuring diversity of all forms in the pursuit of excellence in learning and discovery.