Home > VIIBRE ABC - Policies and Acknowledgements
VIIBRE ABC - Policies and Acknowledgements
- All users must be officially trained to use the Opera. To schedule training please contact the core manager. You are not allowed to let untrained users use the Opera!
- If you wish to conduct your own image acquisition, you will receive card access and can book time on the Opera through the VUMC C.O.R.E.S. system once you have completed training. Training will be considered completed as soon as you are able to fully operate the microscope without outside assistance.
- Please don’t forget to fill out the Opera User Checklist - including check-in and check-out time - located in a labeled folder inside the Opera lab for every use! If you arrive 30 minutes late and stay 30 minutes longer than your booked slot, you will be charged the full booked time plus the 30 minutes of extended time.
- All experiment “barcodes” should include the user’s name or initials and date of the experiment.
- Although we back up your data frequently, please also take care of your data yourself. Our lab cannot be held responsible for what happens to your data between backups.
Publications - Acknowledgements & Authorship
Please review the VIIBRE Authorship Guidelines to determine whether facility personnel should be included in your manuscript in form of an acknowledgement or co-author!
Please acknowledge the VIIBRE Automated Biosystems Core at Vanderbilt University in any publications that use data or images acquired through our core. This allows us to demonstrate our involvement in research conducted by Vanderbilt investigators and aids the procurement of future equipment.
The minimum acceptable acknowledgement should read:
“This work was supported in part using the resources of the VIIBRE Automated Biosystems Core at Vanderbilt University, which was established by NIH grant 1S10RR027485-01.”
For our records, we would also like to be notified of manuscripts submitted and/or published that acknowledge the facility or facility personnel.