Safety Data Sheet Finder
For departments have have hazardous chemicals, there are certain requirements that need to be met in order to comply with the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard:
1) Hazardous Chemical List:
- Needs to be updated annually,
- Contains housekeeping chemicals, laboratory chemicals, compressed gases,
- Do not include minor household/office products,
- If you have any questions, please contact the Workplace Safety Office.
2) Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Manual:
- An SDS must be available for all chemicals listed in the Hazardous Chemical List,
- Must be updated annually,
- SDS's can be obtained directly from the manufacturer, through an online search, or by accessing our subscription service Chemwatch,
- SDS's have to be accessible to all employees either by a hard copy manual, or via computer on a hard drive (cannot depend on internet searches).
- All employees must be trained in regards to the specific hazards associated in the department's Hazardous Chemical List,
- Training must take place annually, or as new chemicals are introduced,
- Document all training with a sign-in sheet.
If you have any questions, contact the Workplace Safety Office at 615-566-9158.