ShopsThe VIIBRE Microfabrication Core facilities include photolithography and soft lithography cleanrooms and equipment as well as very well-equipped machine and electronics shops.
Custom electronic controls and systems are assembled in VIIBRE's Electronics Shop.
- Hakko 936 Solder Station (2)
- Hakko 703B Rework Station
- Powerstat 3PF116 AC Power Supply
- RSR HY3003-3 DC Power Supply
- Wavetek Model 75A Waveform Generator
- Wavetek Model 23 Function Generator
- Energy Concepts 30820A Oscilloscope
- Yokogawa DL1540 Digital Oscilloscope
Many of the devices created in VIIBRE's laboratories require pre- or post-processing, or the addition of enclosures, clamps, molds or structural systems, which can be fabricated in our Machine Shop.
- Tormach PCNC770 CNC Milling Machine with Automatic Tool Changer, 3 axes
- Taig DSLS 3000 CNC Milling Machine, 4-Axis
- Epilog Mini 30W Laser Cutter / Engraver
- Bridgeport Vertical Milling Machine
- Grizzly DF-1237G 12" Lathe
- Emco Compact 5 Lathe
- Rockwell 1" Belt Sander
- Sears/Craftsman 15" Drill Press
- Black & Decker 6" Bench Grinder
- Delta/Rockwell 28-380 14" Bandsaw
- Fume Hood
If you would like to know more about our microfabrication services and discuss how we could assist your research endeavors, please also contact our core manager David Schaffer.