Kroger Community Rewards
Shop at Kroger, give to the Vanderbilt employee hardship fund
Did you know that when using your Kroger Plus card at area stores, a percentage of your total purchase can benefit Vanderbilt’s Faculty and Staff Hardship Fund? Participating in this program is an easy way for Vanderbilt employees to help their co-workers in need. All those purchases really add up! All that’s required is registering your Kroger Plus card online, then swiping the card when you check out at the store.
Due to a change in how the program is administered, Vanderbilt has seen a dramatic increase in the amount of Community Rewards funds it receives. From Sept. 1 to Nov. 30, 2014, alone, Vanderbilt employees raised $2,859.92 -- a more than 46 percent increase over the entire previous year's total of $1,950.53.
To register, have you Kroger Plus card handy. If you don’t have a card, pick one up at the customer service desk of any Kroger.
- Go to krogercommunityrewards.com .
- Click on Sign In/Register in the upper right corner of the page.
- If you are a new online customer, click on Create an Account.
- Enter your email, create a password, select your preferred store by zip code, agree to the terms and conditions, and click on Create Account.
- You will receive a confirmation message from Kroger in your email inbox. Click on the link within the body of the message.
- You will be redirected to the Kroger website. Click on My Account, and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Go to the Community Rewards section and click Enroll.
- Type “Vanderbilt” into the blank field and click Search.
- Select Vanderbilt University and click Enroll. Vanderbilt will appear under the Community Rewards section of your Account Summary.
Remember, you must swipe your registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number associated with your account when checking out at the store for your purchase to count.
About the Faculty and Staff Hardship Fund
For 20 years, Vanderbilt’s Faculty and Staff Hardship Fund has provided assistance to qualifying faculty and staff who are experiencing a temporary hardship due to a significant life event. Awards are intended to help employees return to financial stability.