Paid micro-internships for students – 2022
Open Avenues Foundation has exciting micro-internship opportunities starting in January. They have 10 projects covering topics from applied biology and immunology to software engineering and blockchain. Each project allows students to develop technical expertise valuable in the respective industry and includes great networking opportunities (from Q&A sessions with industry experts to an option to teach real-life investors about molecular biology fundamentals).
As a partner of Open Avenues Foundation, Vanderbilt University students now have access to their paid, 6-week projects with high-growth companies from around the U.S. Vanderbilt University students can enrol in these micro-internships to gain industry experiences. You can find a list of the micro-internships that we’re launching here. The deadline to sign up is January 02, 2022.
Here are benefits students should consider:
- Resume building: These projects are short, easy ways to add experience working with high-growth companies to your resume.
- Skills development:These projects are a good way for you to leverage skills built and learn new applications.
- Industry connections:Receive support along the way from Open Avenues’ Fellows who will lead each project. These Fellows are employees at the company’s sponsoring each project and are great to network with.
How to access course descriptions and apply:
There is an easy sign-up process for Vanderbilt University students through the Parker Dewey platform:
- Log in to Parker Dewey with your school email address at https://app.parkerdewey.com/auth/sign-in(If you don’t have an account there yet, create it on the same page. Please use a school email address – the projects are open only to students of our partner institutions.)
- In the upper-right corner of the home page, select your username > in the drop-down menu select Profile > switch to the Education tab and add your school.
- Use the link from OAF’s Micro-Internships pageto review and apply to the current micro-internships.
- During the week commencing January 03, 2022, we’ll reach out to you to discuss your fit for the project (that may include a 15-min interview with the Project Leader) and to find the meeting time that works for all participants.
- The project will start the week commencing January 10, 2022.