Synchronous Online Appointments Guide
All Tutoring Services' appointments are currently being held as Zoom meetings, which are still scheduled and accessed using our WCOnline scheduling platform (accessible via our "Schedule an Appointment" link in the sidebar).
Below you will find a general guide to scheduling and accessing online full-length 1-on-1 tutoring sessions and group-based weekly learning roundtables.
Summer 2020 students should also read our Summer Tutoring Overview and the detailed information there about how to access new summer programming such as the virtual drop-in hours called Quick Question sessions. For those about to work with Tutoring Services for the first time, we recommend you also read this general overview about our appointments .
Scheduling and Beginning an Appointment: Quick Guide
Step 1: On the Tutoring Services homepage, click "Schedule an Appointment." You will taken to the login page for Tutoring Services's WCOnline scheduling platform. On your first visit, you will need to select "Register an account." Login to set up your appointment which, during Summer 2020, can be up to 7 days from the current date (during Fall and Spring, up to 14 days from the current date).
Step 2: Approximately five to ten minutes before the start of your appointment, return to the Tutoring Services scheduler. Find and click your scheduled appointment block (which should appear in yellow). Within the appointment pop-up window, look for and follow the embedded Zoom meeting link to enter the Zoom session with your tutor.
Scheduling and Beginning an Online Appointment: Detailed Overview
Step 1: Schedule an Appointment
On the Tutoring Services homepage, click "Schedule an Appointment." You will taken to the login page for Tutoring Services's WCOnline scheduling platform. On your first visit, you will need to select "Register an account." After logging in, y ou will be connected to Tutoring Services' WCOnline scheduling platform (pictured above) to set up your appointment.
New users: On your first visit, you will also need to go through the quick and easy process of registering a new account in the WCOnline scheduler.
Once you are logged in, you will be on a page displaying all of our appointments for the current week. Using the navigation links at the top of the page, you can also access the following week, as well. Note that, during Summer 2020, our settings allow you to make appointments up to seven days in advance (during Fall and Spring, up to 14 days in advance).
WCOnline Color Legend:
White blocks are open and available to be scheduled, Blue Blocks are unavailable, Yellow Blocks are Your Appointments
Reserving an appointment
- Sign into the scheduler. Open appointments appear as white blocks on the calendar, whereas blue blocks are already claimed or otherwise unavailable.
- To schedule a new appointment, click on a white “open” block to make an appointment, which will open a new window or tab for the Appointment form.
- Complete the Appointment form, including the opportunity to indicate the writing task you would like to discuss and the goals on which you would like to focus.
- Once the form is filled out, simply hit “Save Appointment.” Your reserved appointment time will now appear in yellow (designated for "my appointments").
Step 2: Begin your Synchronous Online Appointment
Approximately 5-10 minutes before the start of your appointment, sign into the Tutoring Services scheduler and follow these steps:
- Find and click on the yellow block at the time of your appointment.
- Within the pop-up Appointment window, find and click your scheduled appointment block (which should appear in yellow). Within the appointment pop-up window, look for and follow the embedded Zoom meeting link to enter the Zoom session with your tutor.
- If you being the session in the Zoom Waiting Room, your tutor will admit you when they are ready.