In addition to one-on-one individual tutoring sessions, Tutoring Services also provides opportunities for group study through Pre-Exam Study Groups and Weekly Learning Roundtables. For more information about each program, visit its page.
NEW FOR 2019: SEPARATE 1-ON-1 AND GROUP STUDY SCHEDULES
Please note that effective January 2019, Tutoring Services has separate WCOnline schedules for 1-on-1 and Group Study appointments.To access either schedule, simply log in at the top of the right sidebar. Once logged in, you will then need to choose the schedule you need ("Tutoring 1-on-1 Schedule (Spring 2020)" or Tutoring Group Schedule (Spring 2020)" from the drop-down menu at the top of the scheduler.
During the fall semester, all clients are allowed up to two sessions per week per schedule and no more than one session per day per schedule.
During the spring semester, all clients are allowed up to three sessions per week per schedule and no more than one session per day per schedule.
Important Client Scheduling Policies - MODIFIED JANUARY 2019
- You may schedule, modify, or cancel your appointments at any time by logging into our online scheduling platform (the "Schedule an Appointment" link at the top of the right sidebar).
- If you will no longer be able to attend this session, please cancel to allow another student to claim your spot. Pre-Exam Group Study and Weekly Learning Roundtable reservations must be cancelled at least four hours before groups are set to meet. You can cancel or modify appointments by logging into the scheduling system at http://mywco.com/vanderbilttutoring . (To modify or cancel a group study reservation, make sure to select the "Tutoring Group Schedule.") Do note that the cancellations policy differs for group study appointments. See our Individual Tutoring page for more information about canceling individual appointments. Frequent same-day cancellations may result in penalties.
- Failure to cancel will result in a "missed appointment." After three missed appointments, a client's account will be disabled and future appointments will be allowed on a walk-in basis only for the duration of the semester. Missed appointments accrue within each schedule.
- Please arrive promptly. When you arrive promptly, let the person at the front desk know you are here. Our policy is to open appointments to walk-ins if the client has not arrived by 10 minutes after the appointment's start time. We cannot guarantee reservations for students who arrive more than 10 minutes after the scheduled start time of a group session.
The Waitlist Feature
Don't see an appointment when you need it? Check out our Waitlist feature! To join the waitlist, just click on the "Waiting List" link in the bottom right corner of the day you need an appointment and sign up. You'll be notified if a cancellation matches your specified parameters. (You must then still log in and reserve the appointment yourself on a first-come basis.)
- Vandy Vans: http://www.vandyvans.com/
- Escort by VUPD: As a supplement to the SafeTrips van service, walking escorts are available for students walking to and from any location on campus during nighttime hours. Walking escorts are provided by VUPD officers. The telephone number to call for a walking escort is 421-8888 (off campus) or 1-8888 (on campus)” http://www.vanderbilt.edu/families/guidebook/studentservices.php .
You can download the SafeVU app to make accessing these resources easier: http://police.vanderbilt.edu/services/safevu.php