- Click here to return to the Sustainable Holiday Greening Guide.
- Encourage and participate in carpooling to and from holiday celebrations.
- If driving long distances, be sure to check the air in your tires to achieve optimal gas mileage while traveling.
- If flying, consider offsetting the carbon emissions of your flight. Helpful information can be found through CarbonFund.org or CoolPass, Inc.
- If you will be away from home or the office for long periods of time, remember to set your thermostat to a lower temperature or program the vacation setting on your programmable thermostat.
- While you are on vacation turn down your electric and gas water heaters to conserve energy and gas.