Environmental Law and Policy Annual Review to discuss future of residential renewable energy
Posted in NEWS on Thursday, January 26th, 2012
THE ENVIRONMENTAL LAW AND POLICY ANNUAL REVIEW
The Future of Energy Law: Residential Renewable Energy By Whom?*
When: February 23, 2012 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Where: Flynn Auditorium, Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, TN
First 50 in attendance receive a free boxed lunch from Jason’s Deli
- Professor Joel B. Eisen, University of Richmond School of Law
- Reagan Farr, Vice-Chairman & COO, Silicon Ranch Corporation
- Matthew Kisber, President & CEO,Silicon Ranch Corporation
- Jim Purcell, Energy Services Manager, Nashville Electric Service
- Stephen Smith, Executive Director, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
*Professor Eisen proposes a “solar utility” model in which companies dedicated to large-scale entry into the residential solar market provide solar panel systems at little or no cost to homeowners and — similar to cable and phone companies — are promoted by the federal government.
Co-Sponsors: Vanderbilt Environmental Law Program, the Environmental Law Society, and the Climate Change Research Network.