With over 6,000 employees and 12,000 students, Vanderbilt University places a significant demand on Nashville’s transportation network, the campus parking system, and the environment. VU Parking Services works with Vanderbilt’s administration to organize programs aimed at minimizing the environmental implications of campus commuter and visitor trips. Information about each of these programs is provided on the pages below.
- Bus and Rail
- Car Sharing and Carpooling
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Occasional Campus Parking
- Student Shuttles and Cabs
- Alternative Transportation Resources
For more information on University Central alternative transportation initiatives, please visit Vanderbilt’s Parking Services website.
- Experience PARK(ing) Day Sept. 20 » 9.10.19
- Free bike safety class, guided city bus trip scheduled for Saturday » 9.9.19
- University updates nighttime student shuttle service; VandyRide will enhance efficiency and safety » 8.21.19
- Public meetings scheduled on proposed changes to WeGo Public Transit » 6.5.19
- Vanderbilt recognized for social media engagement during city’s Commuter Challenge » 5.30.19
- Vanderbilt outlines major plans to reduce environmental footprint » 4.22.19
- Safety remains top priority as electric scooter use increases » 2.20.19