Campus Dining to celebrate Earth Month with sustainability events throughout April
In support of Vanderbilt’s sustainability goals, Campus Dining is excited to celebrate Earth Month throughout April. Join the Vanderbilt community at events all month long, including specialty menu events, sustainable product giveaways, guest speakers and the popular Rand Farmer’s Market.
Enjoy handcrafted menus featuring local ingredients at two Farm to Campus events:
- April 3 – 11 a.m.–1 p.m. at Rothschild, enjoy Cheekee Greens wilted greens and seared Gifford’s Bacon Company pork belly steak.
- April 13 – 11 a.m.–1 p.m. at E. Bronson Ingram, enjoy Cinsoy vegan kofta and yellow bejeweled rice with curry mayo.
Check out sustainability-focused giveaway events throughout the month:
- April 3 – Reusable straw giveaway from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Rand patio
- April 10 – Earth Month poster giveaway from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Rand patio
Food Waste Awareness Week begins April 10. Campus Dining will be highlighting creative ways to reduce food waste, encouraging students to participate by taking the pledge to “only take what you can eat” at a tabling event at E. Bronson Ingram from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on April 11.
Wrapping up Earth Month, Campus Dining celebrates Earth Week April 16–21. Events include:
- April 16 – Fill It Forward reusable water bottle launch party at the Commons Center from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- April 19 – Rand Farmer’s Market 11 a.m.–1:30 p.m. on the Rand patio
- April 19 – “What Makes Bongo Different,” a coffee sampling and presentation highlighting the sustainability aspects of Vanderbilt’s primary coffee partner, 6:30–7:30 p.m. in the 2301 Lounge in Rand.
For the latest news and information about Earth Month, be sure to subscribe to DiningNews text alerts (text DiningNews to 55744 to sign up) and stay tuned to the @vandycampusdining Instagram account. For more information about Vanderbilt Campus Dining’s other year-round sustainability initiatives, click here.