Celebrate National Farmers’ Market Week August 4-10
Celebrate National Farmers’ Market Week from August 4-10 by taking advantage of the Vanderbilt Farmers’ Market on Thursday, August 8 from 1-5:30 pm at the Vanderbilt Medical Center Plaza. You can also celebrate by checking out one of the many local farmers’ markets in Nashville or surrounding counties. For a complete listing of farmers’ markets available throughout all Tennessee counties, visit Pick Tennessee Products’ Farmers’ Market page.
Sourcing your food from local sources, like farmers’ markets or Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) farms, has many benefits, including:
- Access to fresh, seasonal produce that is picked at its peak nutrient load;
- Reducing transportation costs and harmful emissions associated with non-local produce;
- Cultivating a relationship between growers and consumers;
- Supporting the local economy; and
- Promoting farmland, local farmers, and their families.