Student Organization Travel Policies
Registered Student Organization Travel Process
As of the Fall of 2021, the Dean of Students Office, the Office of Student Organizations, Leadership, and Service, and the Office of Global Safety have developed and implemented a new domestic travel process for student organizations. This process is effective December 1, 2021. This procedure is subject to change at any time.
Please note, DOS Administrative Staff or Organization Coaches may deny requests if arrangements are not feasible or able to be completed in a timely manner. Please allow for 2 weeks for Metro-Nashville travel and 4-6 weeks for other domestic travel.
If you have questions pertaining to the process outlined below, please contact email@example.com.
For student organizations that would like to travel internationally students should begin the process of registering their travel 3-6 months in advance of the intended travel. Students will work with their Coach and the Office of Global Safety to complete the required steps for international travel. To learn more about registering international travel, please visit the Office of Global Safety website.
Student organizations should contact Tandra Martin in the Office of Global Safety to begin the process for planning international travel.
This process is intended to document and capture all travel taking place by Registered Student Organizations within the Dean of Students Office. The following steps will need to be completed to travel:
- Student organization/leader informs DOS staff member or Coach of their desire/intent to travel
- Student Leader completes the Intent to Travel Worksheet and Domestic Risk Management Packet on behalf of the organization
- Coach will approve or deny travel plans to student leader via email
- If purchasing is needed (booking transportation, hotel accommodations, etc.) student will complete the Travel Purchase Request Form on Anchorlink (including Coach approval)
- DOS Administrative staff will review the Travel Purchase Request form
- DOS Administrative staff will assist in booking travel needs and the Driver Authorization Process (see below) and communicate with student leader to obtain necessary traveler information
- Organization Coach will ensure the student organization has everything they need prior to traveling.
Other Travel Information
Driver Authorization Process
For a student to be authorized to drive on behalf of a student organization (either their own vehicle or a rented vehicle), they must complete the Driver Authorization Process
This includes the Driver Orientation Module on Oracle and the Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) Process. The Driver Orientation Module can be found on Oracle under “Learning” and typing in “Driver Orientation”.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on completing the MVR process.
Once the Oracle module is completed, please email a screenshot of completion to email@example.com