Student Services Fee
- RSOs (both undergraduate AND graduate) are eligible to apply for Student Services Fee funding in the spring semester of each academic year;
- The funding granted in the spring is applicable the following academic year (year in which the funding would be used);
- Information about Student Services Fee can be requested by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Groups are required to keep diligent records (including tracking attendance through Anchor Link events) of each expenditure for each event in order to apply for Student Services Fee.
- Student Services Fee funding is distributed to RSOs that have received an allocation from the Student Services Fee Committee at the beginning of each semester;
- Organizations receive half in the fall semester and half in the spring semester;
- Please refer to the Treasurer Training for information and guidance on spending.
NOTE: Funding can only be distributed to student organizations with a task number.
- In general, Student Services Fee is allocated to student organizations that sponsor events open to the entire campus;
- For more detailed criteria, go to the Student Services Fee Anchor Link Page and view the “Documents” section.
- Requests to purchase or supply alcohol or tobacco to students;
- Requests to pay student leaders or members of the organization for services rendered;
- Requests for programs which exclude participation or membership to segments of the Vanderbilt population, or where certain groups of students are not fully included in the event;
- Requests to fund charitable donations or expenses intended to directly and solely benefit non-Vanderbilt students or agencies;
- Requests for funding to directly maintain or establish a reserve. Organizations are allowed to be fiscally responsible and hold on to funds between years if they end a year under budget, but this reserve shouldn’t be above 5% of their previous allocation;
- Requests to fund expenses which serve to sustain and/or benefit only the membership of the petitioning organization (i.e. private parties, T-shirts, etc.);
- Requests to fund travel, unless it is core to the mission of the organization.
Questions regarding the Student Services Fee should be addressed email@example.com .