Student Service Fees
- RSOs (both undergraduate AND graduate) are eligible to apply for Student Service Fees funding in the spring semester of each academic year.
- The funding granted in the spring is applicable the following academic year (year in which the funding would be used).
- Information about Student Service Fees can be requested by e-mailing Vanderbilt.email@example.com
- Groups are required to keep diligent records (including tracking attendance through Anchor Link events) of each expenditure for each event in order to apply for Student Service Fees.
- Student Service Fees funding is distributed to RSOs that have received an allocation from the Student Service Fees Committee at the beginning of each semester.
- Organizations receive half in the fall semester and half in the spring semester.
- Please refer to the Treasurer Training for information and guidance on spending.
NOTE: Funding can only be distributed to student organizations with a task number.
- In general, Student Service Fees is allocated to student organizations that sponsor events open to the entire campus.
- For more detailed criteria, go to the Student Service Fees Achor Link Page and view the “Documents” section.
- Requests to purchase or supply alcohol or tobacco to students.
- Requests to pay student leaders or members of the organization for services rendered.
- Requests for programs which exclude participation or membership to segments of the Vanderbilt population, or where certain groups of students are not fully included in the event.
- Requests to fund charitable donations or expenses intended to directly and solely benefit non-Vanderbilt students or agencies.
- Requests for funding to directly maintain or establish a reserve. Organizations are allowed to be fiscally responsible and hold on to funds between. years if they end a year under budget, but this reserve shouldn’t be above 5% of their previous allocation.
- Requests to fund expenses which serve to sustain and/or benefit only the membership of the petitioning organization (i.e. private parties, T-shirts, etc.) vii. Requests to fund travel, unless it is core to the mission of the organization