Skip to main content

Student Services Fee


  • RSOs (both undergraduate AND graduate) are eligible to apply for Student Services Fee funding in the spring semester of each academic year.
  • The funding granted in the spring is applicable the following academic year (year in which the funding would be used).
  • Information about Student Services Fee can be requested by e-mailing
  • Groups are required to keep diligent records (including tracking attendance through Anchor Link events) of each expenditure for each event in order to apply for Student Services Fee.


  • Student Services Fee funding is distributed to RSOs that have received an allocation from the Student Services Fee Committee at the beginning of each semester.
  • Organizations receive half in the fall semester and half in the spring semester.
  • Please refer to the Treasurer Training for information and guidance on spending.

NOTE: Funding can only be distributed to student organizations with a task number.


  • In general, Student Services Fee is allocated to student organizations that sponsor events open to the entire campus.
  • For more detailed criteria, go to the Student Services Fee Achor Link Page and view the “Documents” section.


  • Requests to purchase or supply alcohol or tobacco to students.
  • Requests to pay student leaders or members of the organization for services rendered.
  • Requests for programs which exclude participation or membership to segments of the Vanderbilt population, or where certain groups of students are not fully included in the event.
  • Requests to fund charitable donations or expenses intended to directly and solely benefit non-Vanderbilt students or agencies.
  • Requests for funding to directly maintain or establish a reserve. Organizations are allowed to be fiscally responsible and hold on to funds between. years if they end a year under budget, but this reserve shouldn’t be above 5% of their previous allocation.
  • Requests to fund expenses which serve to sustain and/or benefit only the membership of the petitioning organization (i.e. private parties, T-shirts, etc.) vii. Requests to fund travel, unless it is core to the mission of the organization