Thank you for your interest in working with the Events at Vanderbilt team as part of Student Centers!
We hire students on a rolling basis as needed throughout the school year, and each spring we have a big hiring campaign to replace our graduating seniors and folks going abroad. We welcome applications at any time during the year, so our application remains live. Even if we don’t have a spot available, we will keep you on our wait list and reach out for an interview when the time comes.
We pride ourselves on our student employment experience, striving to instill transferable skills in our staff to serve them well in their professions beyond Vanderbilt. We have an internal student management track that allows student employees who work with us for multiple semesters to apply for promotions and move up in our organization by taking on more responsibility and, in some cases, supervising their peers.
We couldn’t operate our Student Centers without our dedicated staff. We hope you’ll be a part of our work family soon!
For more information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the hiring policies, qualifications for employment, and job descriptions before filling out the application(s) below.
Student Centers are an equal opportunity employer providing jobs to Vanderbilt students. Alumni Hall, Commons Center, Kissam Center, Sarratt Student Center|Rand Hall, and the Student Life Center participate in both the Federal Work Study (FWS) and the Institutional Employment (IE) programs. Continued employment for each individual Student Center is not guaranteed from one semester to the next, but will be contingent on outstanding work performance.
STUDENT EMPLOYEES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Manage task oriented operations
- Demonstrate integrity & responsible decision making
- Communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Translate their on-campus experiences into professional skills
- Analyze and solve problems, individually and as part of a team
- Recognize their roles in Student Centers and how it helps fulfill our mission
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Student Center facilities, policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Applicants must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at Vanderbilt University.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with Vanderbilt University and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above during the term of their employment.
- Applicants must have basic knowledge of the Student Center Facilities & Vanderbilt University.
- Applicants having previous customer service, cash register, and money handling experience is a plus.
- All staff members are expected to keep a neat & clean work environment, follow dress code regulations, conduct one’s self in a professional manner, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and abide by student-staff policies.
- Event Services Associate
- Event Operations Associate
- Facilities Associate
- Production Services Associate
- Event Services & Operations Manager*
- Summer Associate (Full time, summer months only)
*Requires prior Student Centers work experience