Student Care Coordination
How can Student Care Coordination help students?
- Think “Google Maps” for support! SCC’s job is to help undergraduate, graduate, and professional students navigate and connect with campus and community resources that will best address challenges that may relate to academic, personal, emotional, medical, financial, or any other needs
- It is important to note that care coordination is not counseling or therapy. Rather, Student Care Coordinators have the opportunity to develop close helping relationships with students while coaching them toward appropriate resources, self-care, and self-advocacy.
- We partner closely with the University Counseling Center (UCC) and conduct intake assessments to schedule appointments at the UCC for therapy and/or medication management.
- Meetings with a care coordinator at SCC are PRIVATE, but we cannot guarantee confidentiality in order to coordinate and provide you with the best care. If students need to speak with a confidential resource, SCC can guide you to an appropriate resource. You can also reach out to the UCC, Project Safe Center, Student Health Center, and/or the Center for Spiritual and Religious Life to inquire about confidential options.
Drop-in care coordination meetings are offered during the academic year so that students can meet quickly with a care coordinator to discuss any immediate needs, including but not limited to:
- Planning for a successful semester
- Identifying and connecting with resources for support on or off-campus
- Discussing academic options, taking a Medical Leave of Absence (MLOA), and/or assistance with communicating with faculty/Dean's office
- Connecting with the University Counseling Center (UCC)
Click here for Drop-in Care Coordination times and locations, as well as drop-in times and locations for all Student Care Network offices.
Schedule an appointment with a Student Care Coordinator to receive individualized assistance in navigating on and off-campus resources. Appointments can be ongoing or as needed.
If this is your first visit, please complete this intake form. After you complete the intake form you will be directed to the student portal.
If you have visited the SCC before, you do not need to complete the link intake form, However, you will need to contact the SCC to schedule an appointment with your Care Coordinator.