Lindsey Maxwell-Women’s Lacrosse

Posted by on Monday, October 3, 2022 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Lindsey Maxwell
Women’s Lacrosse
Junior
Law, History, & Society; Child Studies

The academic quality of a school was my biggest priority in my athletic recruitment process. I knew Vanderbilt would help me grow as a person and set me up for success in my academic and professional future.

I hope to work as a paralegal or at a non-profit for a year or two and attend law school to become a family or child advocacy attorney.

Self-advocacy is key. In my experience, reaching out to professors often and being completely transparent about any commitments, conflicts, or questions I have builds trust and a relationship between each other, which means alot as a student athlete.

I organize my time a lot. I use an academic planner and write down dates of any major assignments at the beginning of the semester to keep up with deadlines in the midst of a demanding schedule.

My mentality coming into a test has the biggest influence on my performance. Worrying about an assessment makes it feel larger than what it probably is. Feeling confident in the information I know and reminding myself that this assessment will not make or break my academic career helps me with any pre-test jitters. Listening to uplifting music before helps as well!

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

My parents are easily the most influential people in my academic success. Without their support and sacrifice throughout my life, I never would have attended such a prestigious school as Vanderbilt to receive an incredible education, make lifelong relationships, and play the sport I love.

Favorite quote?

“Find out where joy resides, and give it a voice far beyond singing. For to miss the joy is to miss it all.” – Robert Louis Stevenson