Ezra Manjon-Men’s Basketball

Posted by on Wednesday, August 24, 2022 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Ezra Manjon
Men’s Basketball
Junior
Architecture/Built Environment

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because I felt it was the University that could push me to my highest level both on the court and in the classroom.

Some career goals I have are to play basketball professionally at the highest level but I also eventually want work in a field that contributes to society and helps those in need, like architecture for example.

For me, when I do not understand the material, I am very proactive and go to my professor’s office hours until I start to understand it. I recommend utilizing your academic resources like office hours.

I just stay disciplined with my time. I always write out my schedule for the week on Sunday so I don’t get overwhelmed during the week.

I don’t really have a ritual, but I am always eating before class so I could say that.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

Nate Bell has been a huge help to me. Especially being new to Vanderbilt, he has answered all the questions I have had and has been a great resource for me.

Favorite quote?

“May you always remember to enjoy the road, especially when it’s a hard one.” – Kobe Bryant