Sophia Gorski-Women’s Soccer

Posted by on Wednesday, July 27, 2022 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Sophia Gorski
Women’s Soccer
Junior
Human & Organizational Development

I decided that Vanderbilt was the place for me because of the meaningful degree and the athletics that accompanied it.

My next career goal or dream would be the attend my fifth year at University of Miami and apply for the Master’s program of Real Estate Development and Urbanism.

To be successful at Vanderbilt takes a lot of good note taking and effort. What helps me the most outside of the process of doing assignments is having a detailed planner with all of my assignments for the semester laid out.

What helps me through my demanding schedule is a planner. I put everything I need to know in it.

My ritual before taking a test is study the night before, get to class early and take my time so I do not add any more stress onto myself. I also get a good night’s rest, as opposed to staying up to study.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

I wouldn’t say that i am an unsung hero. I’m not the genius with a 4.0 taking chemical engineering courses, but I do recognize myself for the effort that I put in. It feels most rewarding when i get a grade back that reflects all the hard work that i put in.

Favorite quote?

“I’d rather be honest than impressive.”