Justin Ball-Football

Posted by on Wednesday, July 27, 2022 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Justin Ball
Football
Medicine, Health & Society

I attended Vanderbilt because of the chance to get a top notch education as well as compete in the SEC.

My career goals are to have a successful NFL career and then continue in my medical background aiming to be a surgeon after retirement.

To be academically successful at Vanderbilt, it is important to be organized so that I can better balance my rigorous schedule between football and classes. Having a schedule in place helps me to better focus my time evenly between both responsibilities.

By just knowing what areas of my schedule need the most attention, it helps me to put my energy into the areas that need it most and keep a balance.

I study as much as possible the days leading up to the test and will do a quick review the day of, bur after that review I do not think about the material until the test begins.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

Matt Taiman has been super beneficial in my academic success because he’s helped me to find schedules that work best around my athletic responsibilities while still giving me time to myself all while taking very challenging classes.

Favorite quote?

“For with God, nothing shall be impossible.” Luke 1:37