Gabe Jeudy-Lally-Football

Posted by on Monday, November 15, 2021 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Gabe Jeudy-Lally
Football
Human & Organization Development

The reason I chose to attend Vanderbilt is that it gave me the best opportunity to succeed Academically why also competing in the best conference in sports. I knew it would be a life changing moment and an opportunity I couldn’t pass up.

My career goals are to go to graduate school and hopefully pursue a career in the NFL. If not I would like to get in Healthcare Management.

Personally the thing that I believe it takes to be academically successful at Vanderbilt is a work ethic that is unmatched just like the one you take to your sport. Understandably, you might be tired and stressed at times but you must understand that the work you put in will take you the success you want to reach.

The way that I manage my demanding schedule is really a toss up because it relies on how my week works but I always find a way to get the work done. The biggest thing though is finding a way to decompress in whatever matter suits you best because it will ultimately help you manage your busy life.

My ritual before taking a test would be the night before studying a lot with music and gum. So then when I take the test I have a inner peace because I know I prepared myself to the best of my abilities and the result will show on its own.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

As my time at Vanderbilt draws to a close I have had a lot of people academically that have made my time here a success. Over the last year, however, Matt Taiman has really brought the support that has made my time here really good and I’ll forever I appreciate his help.

Favorite quote?

Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier – Mother Teresa