Callie Sundin-Women’s Lacrosse

Posted by on Monday, November 15, 2021 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Callie Sundin
Women’s Lacrosse
Economics

I was immediately in awe during my first visit to Nashville, TN to meet with the lacrosse coach and tour the Vanderbilt campus. After only a few hours, I knew that if the process worked out, I would be in the position to fully immerse myself in an institution of excellent athletics, academics, and extracurricular’s, while also being able to prioritize socializing and having fun in the Vanderbilt community. The city of Nashville immediately impressed me as a culturally enriched locale where I would easily be able to enjoy myself.

I strive to ensure that I can find myself in a job that both challenges, rewards, and also keeps me on my toes. Exploring the world around me and pursuing my passions while remaining a ‘half glass full’ candidate. Far into the future, I would love to have a go at entrepreneurship by starting a business with my older sister (a fellow Vandy grad!)

Being headstrong, possessing an unwavering work ethic, maintaining an endless drive to succeed, having a natural desire to get to know your professors, and ensuring a well-rounded mix of school, sports, social life, self-care, and student-led organizations.

My prioritized to-do list and Google Calendar which are the backbone of my existence. Plus, building time in my day for myself to breathe fresh air, check-in with family, and engage with my friends.

Planning ahead, getting a good night’s rest, spending time studying in the Central Library, drinking lots of H2O, and using a black fine Sharpie pen.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

Both of my parents have shown me that work ethic can indeed beat talent. If you work hard enough, success can ultimately be achieved. To that end, if you believe you worked as hard as you possibly could have, then you did everything you could and should have no regrets.

Favorite quote?

“It is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it…..” if you can’t tell, I believe over-preparation is the key to success. And of course it’s of no surprise that I am a heavy packer when it comes to travel!