Jordan Wright-Men’s Basketball

Posted by on Wednesday, September 15, 2021 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Jordan Wright
Basketball
Junior
Human & Organization Development

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because I felt as though it would give me the best of both worlds academically and athletically. It was the best choice for me to challenge myself both on and off the court.

My career goals are to play in the NBA and then start my own Sports Agency once I retire.

Hard Work and Dedication, it sounds cliche, but devoting time and being willing to put in extra effort is what it takes to be successful at Vanderbilt.

I always have a plan for my day, pretty much every hour of my day is planned, and I know what I’m going to be doing at any¬†given time during the day. Having a daily schedule has helped me tremendously in terms of managing my demanding schedule.

I usually begin going over my notes 2 or 3 days prior and review them each night, and then the night before I try to get at least 8 hours of sleep.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

Adell Harris is definitely my unsung hero, she always checks in on me prior to tests or upcoming assignments and always reminds me that she is counting on me and expecting me to do well. She is always uplifting me and motivates me to always put forth my best effort.

Favorite quote?

If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. – Milton Berle