Yaubryon Chambers-Women’s Basketball

Posted by on Monday, August 16, 2021 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Yaubryon Chambers
Women’s Basketball
Junior
Cinema & Media Arts

I chose Vanderbilt because it was the perfect opportunity for me to be challenged academically and athletically. One day when I can no longer play the sport I love, I will be proud to have a Vanderbilt degree to help me pursue my other passions.

My major is Cinema & Media Arts. I plan on combining the knowledge I gain from this major with my musical background and diving head first into the entertainment industry in whatever way possible.

To be academically successful at Vanderbilt, it takes great time management. There will always be time for fun if you manage your time well.

The easiest way to manage your schedule is to make sure you keep track of any important deadlines by either writing them down or using your phone. Most athletes use the Teamworks app for sports related activities, but I also like to put class deadlines that I may forget without a reminder.

Before a big test, I like to do something that I enjoy to take the pressure off. For me, this is drawing or watching my favorite musical movies.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

Brittni! Brittni! Brittni! From the moment I got on campus, she has been an extremely helpful part of my academic success. I’ve asked her so many important questions that may not even have anything to do with her job, but she still goes out of her way to make sure I get the information I need. Thank you, Brittni!!

Favorite quote?

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind.”  2 Timothy 1:7