Peyton Cutshall-Women’s Soccer

Posted by on Thursday, June 24, 2021 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Peyton Cutshall
Women’s Soccer
Junior
Human & Organizational Development

I chose Vanderbilt because it is an amazing academic and athletic school. The Vanderbilt community was welcoming and made me feel as close to home as possible.

My career goals are to graduate from Vanderbilt with my degree in Human and Organizational Development. I hope to then continue my academic career at Vanderbilt and get my MBA. After college I would like to continue working in the sports business field.

To be academically successful at Vanderbilt it takes discipline and hard work. It is important to have short-term and long-term goals to hold yourself accountable. I always tell myself and strive to be better than I was yesterday, athletically and academically.

Managing this demanding schedule is tough and requires time management. However, more importantly it requires consistency and perseverance. The outcome of these challenges will be greater than the journey. Staying organized with your schedules is vital. I keep a notebook with everything I have that day and/or needed to get done.

I do not think I have a certain ritual before a test. However, my mom always calls me before games, practices, and tests to say “be the beast”. That is my ritual.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

My unsung hero for my academic success here at Vanderbilt would be my parents. I am not just saying them to make it an easy answer but to highlight the support they give me. My parents are the most supportive and positive individuals. Without them I would not be where I am today. They always push me to be my best and to choose joy over everything else.

Favorite quote?

My favorite quote is “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela.